Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Freezing Rain

So this is the first photograph that is really of "everyday life." Except I hope it isn't everyday. Last night we had an ice storm, and I suspect it wasn't a very bad one, but bad enough to keep the kids home from school, much to their delight. I have been wondering if these particular plants were going to lose their leaves over the winter, now I am thinking they may just freeze off. I need to get a book about mid-Atlantic plants because it is too hard to carry the laptop around outside and, no, I don't have an ipad. I think it will be easier to tell what the trees are in the spring, when they have flowers. I don't like this ice, but I do love the trees. And on the topic of mid-Atlantic, the Washington Post says that the Washington metro area (or DMV?) is becoming less "southern." I'm going to call it solidly mid-Atlantic, with a southern twist in Virginia only.

No comments:

Post a Comment